Miami "Hogar I"Permanent Supportive Housing Program
1492 W. Flagler St.
Miami, FL 33135
Office Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM
The Miami Permanent Supportive Housing Program provides housing and supportive services to homeless individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to stabilize and prepare them for a life of independence. Program fees is based on income. Volunteers of America of Florida is a 501c3 nonprofit with results-driven programming which are measured through Outcomes. 100% of the participants are involved in both meaningful and volunteer activities as constituted by the Program Outcomes.
Qualifications for this Program
- 18 years or older
- Must be diagnosed with a severe and persistent psychiatric disability. Can have a concurrent substance abuse disorder (dual-diagnosed).
- Must be homeless.
Requirements to Stay in the Program
- Remain clean and sober
- Motivated to interact in the community through volunteer work, employment, or pursuing educational opportunities.
- Attend all medical and behavioral health appointments
- Must self-administer medication.
- If applicable, pay program fee monthly.
- Case management
- Independent living skills
- Safety, social, and empowerment skills
- Crisis intervention stabilization and support
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Development and follow-up with Individual Life Plan
- Training, Ecucation, and Emplyment (TEE) services
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
Stay up to date with our Programs & LIKE us on Facebook!