GainesvilleSupportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF)
1810 NW 6th Street, Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32609
Office Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM
Gainesville SSVF provides temporary and supportive services for low-income Veterans and Veteran families. The goal of the program is to promote housing stability through assistance and support services to homeless persons or those at risk of homelessness.
Qualifications for this Program
- Must be a Veteran who was discharged under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Must be homeless or in danger of becoming homeless
- Meet income guidelines where individuals/households earn no more than 50% Area Median Income.
Requirements to Stay in the Program
- Program participants should work with a Volunteers of America of Florida SSVF staff member to establish & accomplish goals on Housing Stability Plan.
Alachua, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, and Putnam
- Case Management
- Rental and security deposit assistance
- Utility deposit and payment assistance
- Assistance with applying for Veterans Affairs and other mainstream benefits
- Assistance with budgeting
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
Gainesville SSVF serves over 250 Veterans & their families annually.
Stay up to date with our Programs & LIKE us on Facebook!
The Latest from Facebook...
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.